Founded in 2000, Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation Europe (NIDOE) in Germany is a non-profit organisation Registered in Berlin. The organisation uses the resources of all Nigerian Professionals in the Diaspora here in Germany to cooperate, present moral perception and civic responsibility that will boost the socio-economic advancement of Nigeria and the civil society.
We focus on Expert networking, societal advocacy, education, culture, healthcare, technological and economic empowerment projects.
NIDO is recognised by the Nigerian government as the umbrella organisation for all Nigerian Professionals in the 16 states of Germany.
We believe that Nigerian Diaspora can make substential contribution in the development of Nigeria through programs, policies, and advocacy. NIDO, the official representative of Nigerians in Diaspora Germany would like to exploit possibiities of know-how, economic exchange, expertise and resources that will positively contribute to Nigeria's development.
- To promote the spirit of patriotism amongst Nigerians living in Europe and encourage their participation in the affairs of Nigeria
- To encourage contacts and networking amongst Nigerians living abroad and home government, and with voluntary organisations, businesses etc
- To serve as technical advisers, partners and act as catalyst with Nigeria in development of polices, organisation and implementation of social and economical programs
- On specific request to advice the government on social, economic or cultural projects in Nigeria
- To execute projects that contributes to Nation building both in Europe and Nigeria
- To assist in promoting and enhancing a good image for Nigeria in the international arena